1. Fill out the online screening application (link to screening app)
2. Someone (a consultant) will call you about our program and schedule an in home interview
3. Meet with a consultant in your home:
- Discuss the program and expectations of doing treatment foster care.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Complete part one of your home study: discuss family history and relationship questions.
4. If we both agree we’re a good fit for each other we will give you a licensing packet that will require you to:
- Turn in background check and identification.
- Ask three references to fill out the reference forms.
- Fill out and sign agreements, disclosures, and contract with UYV.
- Provide proof of income, car insurance, and immunizations.
- Visit your doctor to show that you are healthy enough to do foster care.
5. You will then attend a two week pre-service workshop
- Two weeks of evening classes (Tuesday-Friday 6-10pm, Saturday 9-1, Tuesday-Thursday 6-10pm) that cover:
- How to care for foster youth and how to use our model to help them be the best person they can be.
- Complete online trainings on your own.
6. Complete part two of your home study:
- Walk through your home with a trained Utah Youth Village employee.
- Specific information about requirements will be provided.
- Verify safety of the home and neighborhood.
- Measure youth bedrooms and check for adequate lighting, storage, ventilation, and window safety.
7. Make any corrections from the home study
Please take time to read our Privacy Notice.