2018 Helping Hand Gala
September 5, 2018
- Grand America Hotel
555 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, Utah
6:00 - 7:00 Social Hour and Silent Auction
7:00 - 9:00 Dinner and Program
Please join Utah Youth Village and Honorary Chair Kem Gardner in honoring real-life superhero A. Scott Anderson, President & Chief Executive Officer of Zions First National Bank.
Registration for this year's event has closed, but for more information, please contact Rebecca Heal at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 308-1053.
- Time for Three
Classically Trained String Trio
The groundbreaking, category-shattering trio Time for Three (Tf3) transcends traditional classification, with elements of classical, country western, gypsy and jazz idioms forming a blend all its own. The members—Nicolas (Nick) Kendall, violin; Charles Yang, violin; and Ranaan Meyer, double bass—carry a passion for improvisation, composition, and arrangements, all prime elements of the ensemble’s playing.
To date, the group has performed hundreds of engagements as diverse as its music: from featured guest soloists on the Philadelphia Orchestra’s subscription series, to Club Yoshi’s in San Francisco, to residencies at the Kennedy Center. Recent Highlights include Carnegie Hall, appearances with the Boston Pops, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Toronto Symphony Orchestra, Hong Kong Philharmonic, Melbourne and Sydney Symphony Orchestras, sold-out concerts with the Czech Philharmonic and BBC Proms, and an appearance on the ABC prime time hit show “Dancing with the Stars.”
In 2014, Time for Three released their debut Universal Music Classics album, Time for Three, which spent seven consecutive weeks at the Top 10 of Billboard’s Classical Crossover Chart.
On March 25, 2016, PBS premiered the Emmy-winning show “Time for Three in Concert”, a collaboration with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Universal Music Classics and WFYI Public Media, that brings together diverse artists and unique arrangements to create a one-of-a-kind concert experience.
Prior Honorees and Honorary Chairs include:
- • 2017 - Dr. David Pershing & Dr. Sandra J. Pershing, Honorees; Gary L. & Ann Crocker, Honorary Chairs
- • 2015/16 - Elder Robert Gay, Honoree; Mitt Romney, Honorary Chair; A. Scott Anderson, Event Chair
- • 2014 - Gail Miller, Honoree; Brent & Bonnie Jean Beesley, Honorary Chairs
- • 2013 - Kem Gardner, Honoree; A. Scott Anderson, Honorary Chair
- • 2012 - Kyle Whittingham, Honoree; LaVell Edwards, Honorary Chair
- • 2011 - Harris Simmons, Honoree; Dave Petersen, Honorary Chair
- • 2010 - Dr. Dinesh Patel, Honoree; Gary L. Crocker, Honorary Chair
- • 2009 - Pamela Atkinson, Honoree; Kem Gardner, Honorary Chair
- • 2008 - Bishop H. David Burton, Honoree; Ellis R. Ivory, Honorary Chair
- • 2007 - Dr. Rodney H. Brady, Honoree; Bruce Reese, Honorary Chair
- • 2006 - Michael K. Young & Cecil O. Samuelson, Honorees; William H. Nelson, Honorary Chair
- • 2005 - Beverley Sorenson, Honoree; Mary Kaye Huntsman, Honorary Chair
- • 2004 - Fred Lampropoulos, David Simmons, & Kem Gardner, Honorees; Tom Love, Honorary Chair
- • 2003 - Fraser Bullock, Ed & Lois Smart, Honorees; Steve Young, Honorary Chair
- • 2002 - Elder M. Russell Ballard, Honoree; Robert Garff, Honorary Chair
- • 2001 - President Bernie Machen, Honoree; Jon M. Huntsman, Honorary Chair
- • 2000 - Roy & Tibby Simmons, Honorees; Rodney Brady, Honorary Chair
- • 1999 - Robert L. Rice, Honoree; Spencer F. Eccles, Honorary Chair
- • 1998 - Larry H. & Gail Miller, Honorees; John Price, Honorary Chair
- • 1997 - Governor & Mrs. Leavitt, Honorees; Kenneth Knight, Honorary Chair
- • 1996 - Don Cash & Nick Rose, Honorees; Harris Simmons, Honorary Chair
- • 1995 - James L. Sorenson, Honoree; Robert L. Rice, Honorary Chair
- • 1994 - Lila B. Bjorklund, Honoree; Jon Huntsman, Jr. & Senator Jake Garn, Honorary Chairs